|About Us Follow us on FaceBook
|The Baltimore English Dart League is a steel-tip dart league in the Baltimore, MD area. We have 2 seasons during the year and we are always looking for new teams/bars to add to the league.
|Draft By-laws and rules documents||7/14/17|
Sorry about the delay in getting this information out to the league. We have been working to get draft by-laws for the league and preparing for the party.
First, we are planning to have the party the same way it always is, we are working on getting crabs for the party and other food provided by Angle Inn, music and some money for the luck.
Second, we have been working to create by-laws and an updated rules document. You can find the draft documents here:
We would like the members of the league to review these documents and provide feedback and suggestions with the hope that final versions can be completed and voted on by the league to make them official. These documents are important because they will define how voting of board members will take place, the responsibilities of the board members and how changes to the league rules are approved. Please take some time to read over these documents and provide your feedback so we get something everyone can live with. Some key points to look at would be the voting rules and the role of the board members in the league. In these by-laws a general board membership vote is the primary way league rules are changed, this means everyone gets a say but also means we must have some general membership meetings. An alternative might be to have team captains vote for their team on changes. Again please review and provide feedback.
|Change to Schedule||4/16/17|
We have to make some alterations to the schedule for this season. To make up week 2 we will play week 2 at the end of the season on 7/27. This will move the shoot-offs to 8/3. Also the party will need to move to 8/12 because of a conflict at Angle Inn. I have updated the schedule on the website to reflect these changes. So again:
Week 2 Makeup: 7/27
|Future of the league||3/27/2017|
As many of you know, Wayne Grob passed away suddenly on March 14th. Wayne Grob was the league manager and essentially running the league alone. In light of the recent tragic loss of Wayne, we must take action to ensure the continuation of the league. In an attempt to fill the void left by Wayne�s passing the Baltimore English Dart League will appoint a transition team. This transition team will oversee the league's operations for the remainder of this season at which point a process for nominating and voting for board members will be put in place. The Transition team will be Dana, Donna, John Moore and Jimmy Conrad.
The duties of the transition team will consist of:
Ensuring the continuation of the league
Establishing lines of communication with the league bars
Organizing a league meeting later in the season
Collecting the league dues/fees
Establishing a league bank account and policies for administering the account
Organizing the end of season party
Establishing policies for nominating and voting for committee members
Creating league bylaws to be approved by the league members
|No Darts on 3/16||3/15/17|
There will be no darts tomorrow 3/16/17 so the league can attend Wayne's viewing. Services will be held at the Connelly Funeral Home of Essex, 300 Mace Ave. Visiting hours Thursday 3-5 pm & 7-9 pm.
I borrowed this from Howard Barnes on Facebook because I don't know of a better way to say it:|
I want to take time to let the bcedl family members know that we lost a member today at 3:00 pm. Wayne Grob past away today at the hospital with his family by his side. Soon as I know more info on funeral arrangements I will let everyone know. Please keep his family in your prayers. RIP Wayne
|New Changes and old Reminders||3/7/2017|
- On schedules they will be showing when your two payments are due. First payment by week 8, atleast half of your teams total is due. Final payment week 16, your team total must be paid off. Because of less number of teams, I am going to raise the dues per team from $320 a season to $350 per season. The reason for this change is to try and keep everything the same (party, food, trophys, luck, and music). But I am going to STOP bar fees and membership fees.
- Also on schedules will be the dates for shootoffs and party plus where both are being held that season. Also dates when there will be NO DARTS. Unless both captains want to do a make-up.
- Shooters must shoot atleast 5 weeks during the regular season to come to party as a member and shoot in luck. If not they will have to pay as quest.
- Shootoffs only - loser of 1st game has option on cork shot. Winner of cork shot goes first in 2nd game cricket. (NO MUGS AWAY). If 3rd game cork call game. Final in shootoffs, when person from losers bracket vs person from winners bracket, ONE game ONLY 1st cork calls game. If winner wins its over. If loser wins than 2 out of 3 games for final.
- Trophys for shootoffs 5 of less people showing up 1st place only, 6 to 10 people 1st and 2nd and over 10 people top 3 places.
- What division your personal points are listed is where you are ranked. And what shootoffs you will be shooting in.
- Division 2 - Top 2 Finishers in personal points will move up to div 1 personal points next season.
- John D
- Dave B
- Dean H
- Bill K
- Howard L
- Chuck D
- Nick C
- Mike Lantz
- Mike Lagana
- Tie Die
- Dan N
- Mike W
- Kim (HC)
- Greg O
- Jimmy O
- Mike Jones
- Donna L (HC)
- Tina (HC)
- John M
- Mel (HC)
- Heather (HC)
- Jeff B
- Missy (HC)
- Jimmy C
- Chris C (HC)
- Division 1 - No Handy Cap
- Division 2 - No Handy Cap against each other. Ones with (HC) next to name against division 1 shooters don't double in, 2X's in cricket.
|Interesting in Joining?|
Click here to inquire about joining the league.